Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome!!

 
Well, it's finally here!!
My new blog, that is!  I'm so excited to be starting this new blog, which is my second one; the first being my faith-based blog, called "Christ in the Clouds." 

The name, 'Cairn Cottage' came from a few different sources and led me to choose it for this blog.
  1. A Cairn is defined as a mound of stones, and were originally built in Scotland. My husband is also a rock collector and we have decorated with LOTS of rocks of all sizes around our house.                                              Source
  2.  I also found a Bible verse about rocks and felt drawn to think on that verse when writing in this blog.(Matthew 7:24 -  "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
  3. In a poll I held, this name was the most voted for out of a list of 10 options.
Here are some pictures of just a few of the rocks that surround our house and gardens.
Here is the front of my house.

Here is one side of the house.

The back yard has even more rocks.

This is the rock waterfall and pond on the other side of our house.

This rock-covered bridge was built by my talented husband!
I hope to be sharing so many adorable and creative posts, photos, and links here, all that have to do with some of my favorite things....
  • sharing my love of tea
  •  lake cottage living
  •  cottage decorating
  •  being creative with clothing ensemble combinations
  •  gardening and landscaping ideas
  • life as an empty-nester
  • and so much more!

 So, I hope you will join my blog and start following all the great things I hope to be posting about!
I am switching any of the blog hops I followed at 'CITC' that have to do with any of the above subjects. Hopefully this move will be pretty smooth for me, as well as any of my followers.

   Linking over at these blog parties:



8 comments:

  1. Oh, what a delightful name! My heart warmed when I read the meaning. I'm looking forward to following all your ideas and plans, wherever you may be.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited that you are the first commenter on my new blog!! Thank you, Pamela, for stopping by and following me!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The name is original, I think!! I'm glad you were able to stop by, Katherine. Thanks for joining my linky page too!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Sorry I'm a little late in saying thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog! These must be the pictures of your new home! Where has the time gone? You've moved already! So wonderful! I'm looking forward to reading more of your adventures here. Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Joan, I wish we were moved already! Unfortunately, I think we are having more setbacks than we can count.(Kinda sounds familiar, huh!) Actually, this fountain is one of the things we will have to leave behind, if we do move. Yes, you heard me right, "IF". It's all kind of up in the air right now, so if you would, keep praying. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. I'll be praying! I know how stressful it can be surrounding a move...so many questions, so many worries. But, take heart! It is all in God's hands and His timing is always perfect!

      Delete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)